You wish you had more space in your apartment or house, but, unfortunately, space is limited. Luckily, ideas to maximize it are not!
You might not know it now, but there are hidden spaces and corners of your house that can be fully used for storing extra stuff. Here are some ways to find those places, or even create them from scratch.
- The storage bed. You can hide anything unused of not used very frequently under the bed, or
you can make some extra shelves right on the exterior of the bed.
- Use storage containers. These are usually specially designed for types of things, so make sure you buy adequate boxes for the items you are going to hide away in them.
- Benches. In the garden, or even inside the house – maybe in the hallway, wood benches can have depositing spaces under the seat.
- Build-up. Stack things up vertically. Extra storage space can be found on top of cabinets or wardrobes. Just make sure you do not deposit anything too heavy above your head, and if you use boxes it can actually look very neat.
- Drawers inside the walls. Cabinets with drawers for example can be placed inside walls (as long as it is not a resistance wall of the house).
Share with us your examples of maximizing space inside your home or find more ideas in the following articles:
37 Easy Ways to Add Storage to Every Room
How to Create More Storage Space